Pages


Thursday, October 24, 2002

The real ones

This sem break is really doing me a lot of good. I spent two nights in a row with long-time friends. Last night, I was with former officemates in Ortigas. I was touched that two of them gave me presents (though not exactly for my birthday). Con gave me a ring from Vietnam with violet stones on it, while Honeypie Lau gave me a purple bracelet.

Everyone assumes that until now, purple is my color, but I really appreciate the thought that they went out of their way to get me stuff that they know I like.

On my way home, I realized that I feel really good that I kept my friends and I already know how to discern who the real ones are.

I remembered how I haven't seen Honeypie for a long time and I just had to call him to cry and lament that I caught my x sleeping with someone else.

Sometimes even if you don't see some friends for a long time, it's not so hard to keep tabs with each other's lives.

You will always have your friendship to come home to.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts