Pages


Monday, March 17, 2003

Lesbians and the challenge

I met up with Malacañang friends last Friday. Ate Mayet brought 2 guy friends with her. Raymond, the guy in a flashy salmon pink long sleeves [how gay can this guy get!?!], was eyeing me ever since I sat down and drank my first cosmo for the night.

This set of girlfriends has seen a string of my women lovers when I was still working with them. I was THAT out with them, with some girlfriends even picking me up after work, joining us for the usual weekend recap. They knew I lived in with Frisco girl for 3 months.

I haven’t seen this bunch for several months now. So the usual question when they see me came up.

Am I still one or am I now a convert of heterosexuality?

Most of them know I am with The One. It was just a revalida question.

Raymond’s eyebrow rose.

My usual formulaic answer: “Love transcends gender.”

Afterwards, this Raymond guy became quite attentive. He was asking questions about lesbianism, why I liked women, do I still like them now, yada yada yada. The barrage of questions ended with him asking for my mobile number.

At this point, everyone was having a grand time – at my expense. He sat down beside me, asking me, attempting to strike up a very interesting convo.

Then came the expected statement: “Sayang ka.”

Tired of explaining a phenomenon that this guy with a minuscule mind couldn’t get, I didn’t even bother come up with a defense. In the first place, is there a conversion that needs to transpire?

I wanted him to go home thinking that attractive but fresh and ignorant men like him can convert women of my kind.

Dude, I wish you luck.

He offered to drive me home. I politely refused and told him I can take care of myself.

Why can’t I wipe this smirk off my face?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts