Pages


Monday, August 08, 2005

Damper

In four days, I will be seeing him again.

Big and I are flying to the islands of Palawan. I already made the payments (which he sent through wire transfer) this morning to my travel agent.

But I am not too excited about it.

Major reasons:

1. He is just being too English. Now I fully comprehend what that really meant. He is being too forty-ish and a man of the world that he is - distant, with the most serious sense of personal space (hell, it feels like there is an entire gulf between us).

2. I am being me - crazily pursuing someone but getting tired when there are hurdles here and there.

I know there is a way to compromise. But how far? And who's supposed to budge?

I am so over the goo-goo eyes phase of being a hapless, hopeless romantic. And should I go back to being one, given that who I'm dating now is a serious pragmatist?

No definite answers, really... so I'm taking Hag's Fag advice: stay put. Test the water. Enjoy the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts