Pages


Friday, June 29, 2007

Off-balance

Friday. And I so welcome the weekend.

I feel so tired and it's my turn to be a bit under the weather.

Much as I want to dilly-dally, I still have a conference call from 6:00-7:30pm. On a Friday. When everyone else is preparing to go home, attend dinner or cocktail parties, here I am, waiting for the clock to strike 6 and start the con call where my entire team needs to do some mental gymnastics to understand new designs.

I am so not in my element.

For one, hormones. Blame it on the female hormones.

Second, Boyfriend still doesn't seem to get why I take offense when we discuss working or studying abroad and that my only choice is Hong Kong.

Uhhhhh... do I still need to spell that one out?

True - I love the place, the fashion and the seasons. But why would I insist to stay in a country with citizens who dislike speaking in English to customers (who by the way are foreigners who infuse money in this shopping capital/financial district) and who'd eventually like to have a so-called 100% Chinese work force in the not so distant future (for some locally-owned companies, this has been blatantly brandished in their missions and visions)?

Singapore is a lot friendlier these days in terms of welcoming students and expats to study and work there - but I never even considered this option.

Do I even have to explain why?

Sometimes, I'm not sure if he gets it at all.

Or don't I?

I badly need cocktails tonight.

And a very good doze of Zzzzzzzzs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts