Pages


Thursday, August 16, 2007


Pocket notes

Pa-witty shirt

While lining up to pay for bills inside the bank, I saw this printed at the back of a girl's shirt:

"The secret to successful managing is to keep 4 guys who hate you away from the 5 guys who haven't made up their minds."

It just made me smile so I had to whip out my Treo to scribble it down.


Pretty Fit not quite pretty

I don't normally buy shoes at Pretty Fit. I'm more of a Schu, Nine West, Charles and Keith, Wade and Miu Miu (only if I want to splurge) person. I'm also into the cheap but sturdy local brands that are Marikina-made.

Around 3 weeks ago, I was window-shopping with Nabeth at the Shangri-La EDSA Plaza. After purchasing some cheapo make-up at Mimi, we decided to enter Pretty Fit as we were lured inside by the big SALE sign.

I purchased a pair of black and white pointy-toe patent pumps. Since they perfectly matched my day's outfit, I giddily slid into them to wear them for the day.

Wearing them only 3 times, the rubber soles on the heels broke. I blamed this on the rocky Ortigas parking lot.

Off I went to Mr. Quickie to have it fixed for P150.

A week passed before I wore the pair again.

Walking out of the conference room from a meeting, I felt this faint "tuk" sound on my left foot. Looking down, I was horrified to see the entire left heel break!

Mentos moment talaga ito!

I had to run to Robinsons and buy a new pair of black patent heels and go back to Mr. Quickie to have the heel repaired - again! I was charged 50 bucks for it.

Whatdaff???

I paid more than a thousand bucks for the pair - considering that it's 40% off.

Total rip-off.

I'm wondering now where Pretty Fit gets their shoes made. China, perhaps?

The local brands (including B Club that I had to buy when the Pretty Fit pair broke) fair way better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts