Pages


Saturday, July 19, 2008

Shoppingera strikes again

My shopping frenzy is directly proportional to the level of stress I'm currently experiencing.

For two weeks now, I couldn't even go to the mall right in front of the office to have a quick go-see of new stuff. Working 12 hours on the average is no party.


Rather than feel sorry for myself, what better way to while away my time and
zone out in between designing and thesis-drafting through eBay!

My latest indulgence:

1. Black two-toned corduroy and synthetic leather knee-high boots with butterfly applique'- At PhP420, this brand-new baby (no damages whatsoever, no catch with the cheap price!) is definitely a steal. I wouldn't even call it indulgence. I love this new pair. My boots collection is now growing at 6 pairs.




2. Tube dress in blue and yellow - works best with my knee-high leather gray boots. It's stretchable so small to large frames can fit in the dress. Yummy!









3. Tube dress in black and red - over jeans or by itself. Panalo! I bought the dresses from chelzy29. A very friendly and accommodating seller from Batangas. Photos taken from her site.

I was quite skeptical to purchase online from the local eBay, what with the proliferation of bogus sellers. A quick tip to know who's trustworthy: make sure to view the sellers' ratings. If they're 90-100% positive and they're known for both honest and fast transaction, don't hesitate to browse through their stuff. Plus, eBay has greatly improved their customer service. Their dispute console also helps customers make sure that they're protected from fraud.

For purchases that are quite expensive, such as Louis Vuitton, Fendi, Chanel and other signature bags, ask the sellers if they are willing to do meet-ups and CODs.

Be a reasonable buyer, too. If someone is selling an LV Speedy 30 or a Batignolles for only a thousand bucks, then don't be surprised if these are fakeys from Greenhills or Shenzhen. You get what you pay for.

It's also important to know how to spot and distinguish knock-offs from the real ones.

Let me look for this article I found online on how to distinguish fake LVs from the real ones and post here soon. I share these with fellow bag and LV aficionadas so we can all buy cheaply but not get ripped off!

Special shoutouts to Cyndi, Russell and Cathy - my new eBay sukis. You guys make eBay shopping a wonderful experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts