Pages


Tuesday, September 09, 2008

To sweep or not to sweep – that is the question


1. Taking admin work for granted


Doing personal admin work and running errands are both therapeutic. Not to mention necessary. While I like running errands or paying bills just to make me relax and space out from the mental gymnastics I have to do for work and for my thesis, time has not been on my side lately.


I have a lot of unopened mails from credit card companies, my insurance, my club memberships and Asia Miles. That being said, I panicked this morning when I learned that Citibank auto-enrolled me with an Asia Miles account and that I have untouched mileage since forever that’s about to expire!


OMG, sayang ang miles!


Lalong sayang when I computed that just a few more points and I can already avail of a round-trip ticket to Hong Kong via CX!


Now I have to back track and do my cleaning up since I still have to open a lot of account statements and letters. Plus, my cabinet’s about to burst with all the shopping I did in Bangkok.


Time for another closet clean-up sale!



2. Why starting over is difficult, IT-wise


Another admin work that was inescapable this week was transferring my files from my old laptop to the new one. It took me two days to transfer half of my files and applications. There were several missing installers that Gerwin couldn’t find anymore and I had to scour the Internet for them. The techie guys were no help, either. I asked them to back up and transfer my files last Friday.


Awa ni Universe, ni isang file walang nalipat.


Had my old laptop been faster, I wouldn’t even think of replacing it. It’s just too much of a hassle.



3. What you can do yourself, just do it!


And this leads me to my final point: while it is true that if there are tasks better delegated to other people (especially if they are more competent doing them), then just let them do the dirty work, there are some things that need personal care and attention.


I just hope I have more time in my hands to do them.


And that’s my cue to open more mails.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts