Pages


Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Beautiful surprise

There’s always a beautiful surprise when you don’t expect too much from a situation.


I’ve been reading a lot of Richard Carlson lately.


Admittedly, I’m guilty of glorifying stress.


Cliché but so true for me: when it comes to dealing with stress, I make a mountain out of a molehill. Sometimes, I go full-OA and even foresee catastrophe.


I’ve been training Segment Marketing people for 2 days now. Honestly, I wasn’t really expecting a lot from them. It’s difficult to convene our Segment guys so I wasn’t expecting good attendance in the training. I even foresaw people going in and out to attend to their business. I forecasted that no one will listen.


So 80% attendance was pleasantly unexpected.


They all listened and stuck it out in the 2-day training-workshop and I actually got positive feedback from a little bird. The guys liked the content and the way Andoy and I delivered the sessions.


Sometimes, it really helps not to expect too much. It’s not about lowering standards or excellence. It’s about dealing with life’s speed bumps in a lighter, more positive way.


Salamat sa tamang pananaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts