Pages


Saturday, June 06, 2009

Godiva-licious

Contrary to the seemingly popular belief as of late, I have not gone to anorexia-land. What with my recent weight loss, people who don’t really know me think I don’t eat anymore.


My besties can attest otherwise – as they know I shamelessly devour anything I consider gustatory delight. By anything, I mean from the healthy bucket wheat pasta to the decadent Spanish tapas-tapas.


One of my major weaknesses in food – chocolates.


I used to only stick to dark chocolates. The darker the chocolate is, the more orgasmic it tastes.


I, however, recently discovered the wonders and delight of eating milk chocolate and pralines.


Normally, I would stock up on 50% and 70% dark Godivas but when R. gave me a box of Godiva Gold Collection, I realized the Nirvana I was missing out on.


Thus, in the case of chocolates, the adage “once you go black, you will never go back” – is totally untrue.

I particularly fell in love with the Moelleux Caramel Framboise – raspberry flavored caramel embraced by dark chocolate and the Cerisette – cherry soaked in Kirsch and Kirsch syrup in dark chocolate.


The secret to eating chocolates is doing it the French way – savoring every bite and not going overboard with more than 3.


The rainy days also give me the excuse to drink Godiva hot chocolate.


For fellow chocolate lovers like me, champagne or sparkling white wine can add flavor to every bite. I prefer Barcino’s Claudia Valformosa to pump up my chocolates’ decadence.


I’m in chocolate paradise.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts