Pages


Monday, September 28, 2009

Don't let this moment pass...

...without reaching out.

It's time to give back to the Universe and to our fellowmen.

I went home to an apartment flooded with rainwater. I have several newly-purchased books that have been destroyed by the flood. Rainwater crept through the ceiling, drenched my Zen installations, Asian rugs and pillows.

But how can I complain? I still have a roof on top of my head and my entire family is safe.

Today, my friends trooped to Red Cross and other rescue operations centers to volunteer.

GT also organized a relief operations team. myGlobe girls volunteered to either man our emergency service hotlines or pack relief goods. Mela and I are donating food and we volunteered as packers of relief goods tomorrow afternoon.

Friends, if you can and if you want to volunteer or send food and medicines to the victims of typhoon Ondoy, please coordinate with the nearest Red Cross in your community. You may also get in touch with your parish or public schools housing some of the typhoon victims.

As a special announcement, the Jesus Loves the Little Children Foundation in Pasig need food. There are kids inside the foundation who are in dire need of food because the Pasig area is still flooded and there are no markets opened because of the flood.

You may bring donations of any kind to River of God at Robinson's Galleria. It's located on the lower level, East Wing near the LTO and Ryan Cayabyab's Music School. You may also text or call Pastor Rachel Sanchez on how you can help at 0908-8953022.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts