Pages


Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Manila, Manila!

If you are one of the faithful, you normally don't believe in coincidences. God has a reason and season for everything.

In this Manila trip --- Gemma wasn't really supposed to be back, but since fate (and work) takes her to the land of the chocolate boys, we are finally seeing each other in La Manila!

Happiness!!!

There's a lot to be thankful for --- opportunities, TNC birthday celebrations, Ninay's baptism, R.'s birthday, to name a few. Sometimes, I just marvel at God's generosity and kindness.

This trip is a much-awaited breather for me. I've been going through some things at work - transitions, more responsibilities, and more transitions. In moments like this, I want to be comforted with the familiar and the trusted.

And that's none other than the Manila Circle.

True - life can be better in other places and countries. But Manila - bumagyo man, tumaas ang gasolina, o uminit ng todo-to-the-max, you will eternally have that special place, because you have my roots.

'Looking forward to coming home in a couple of hours. =)

3 comments:

  1. hehe! read this just now! and yes, ang galing talaga ng timing!
    and i was grinning when both of us were both in transit to yet another destination. besties travelling apart...sana travelling together naman soon!

    i'm in johannesburg na and i'm loving it! tara lets go!! it's not as scary as it sounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to know you're loving Johannesburg! You know, if I listed to the horror stories of Jakarta - I will not be here. And the place has treated me oh-so-well.

    Yeeeez - let's travel together soon!!! What are your exit dates? Maybe I can catch you in HK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm exiting joburg on the 20th of august...
    if you're free, i can exit hk for a couple of days so we can catch up. BUT you have to tell me ahead of time since i have to rebook my flight from hk to manila.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts