Pages


Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Coffee love: the deprivation that's driving me insane

Coffee is my fuel in the morning. It's both psychological and physiological, but I need my coffee to kickstart my morning. 

All of my team members back in Jakarta know that if anyone wants me to contribute a humongous proportion of my brains in the discussion, we gotta have the brew! 

I have been having gastric cramps and hyperacidity attacks for several days now, which merited a trip to the doctor. Lo and behold --- the treatment requires me to stay away from caffeine for 2 weeks. 

2 loooooooooong, aggrandizing weeks!

Hindi lang 'yan. The list goes on. I cannot drink coffee, tea - not even hot chocolate! I can't drink any soda (not really a loss) nor eat anything spicy or with tomatoes. Spell pizza and pasta - just my favorites and my staple food. 

2 weeks. 

The rest, I can stay off of them, but coffee --- is a different story. The deprivation makes me crave for sweet stuff - cakes and pastries, even the very faddish tea drinks. 

2 weeks. 

Oh well. I gotta do what I gotta do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts