Pages


Monday, June 03, 2002

It's a Monday

Noo-nee-noo-nee-noo.

I'm still on vacation cum shopping mode. I have gazillions of stuff to do, but let me dilly-dally for several minutes or so to update this thing.

Account of my weekend
Friday night, I went to the famous Terry Selection to buy the red wine I need to bring to ABSi for Mark's despedida. The place was flowing with booze. Since I don't drink beer, I gobbled up the white wine Jovan was serving in the office bar. O ha! San ka nakakita ng white wine na sini-serve sa shot glass!

And since the wine was being poured on those puny glasses, I think I had more than enough. When it was time to finally go to The Boyfriend's apartment, my sobriety was already nowhere with me. So while Jovan, Donna and what's-his-name was making chica inside Chai (Jovan's car with this really distinct odor I can still smell despite the fact that I was more than tipsy), I was already dead silent beside Jovan. No particular reason. Whenever I have more than enough booze, I always fall dead silent.

So there they were, still ranting about this obnoxious Finance personnel (I could still hear them), with matching Jovan complaining that my boyfriend's apartment is too far. And I was staring right in front of me, enjoying the dancing street and traffic lights. Hehehe.

One moral lesson of the story: If you want me to shut up, let me drink up. Hahahaha.

So come Saturday, I was still in The Boyfriend's apartment. Dozing off. In fact, I dozed off the whole day. Got up at 5pm, with my gimmick clothes still on. I didn't even bother to change into one of The Boyfriend's comfy shirts . All I wanted to do was sleep. There goes the Lucena trip I planned with him. So off he went to Lucena. And off I went to sleep.

Sunday was different. Sunday, bloody Sunday. Bloody for my wallet and credit card, that is, as I rummaged to all the Greenbelt boutiques for clothes. And more clothes. These midnight madness and weekend sales really have this hypnotic cum therapeutic effect on stressed Makati folks like me.

And then there goes Monday. Noo-nee-noo-nee-noo. With all the work piled up on my desk, I bet I need another good doze of a shopping spree by the end of the week. :-P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts