Pages


Friday, June 16, 2006

Rainy days for the Sunshine Girl

Almost all of my friends know that I’m a good-natured person. I’m fun to be with – something that I know I can claim, as evidenced by the circles of friends that I try so hard to maintain and regularly touch base with.

I love parties, casual dinners and the legendary margarita and wine nights with the ladies. I’m a fantabulous shopping buddy. I’m a wonderful beach comber. I’m the forever “one-of-the-boys” girl-kada that most girlfriends of my guy friends are jealous of.

Most of the time, the sun is out in my area, so to speak. I should have been named Summer.

But seasons end. After summer, comes the rainy days. And I am currently in the middle of it.

I am going through a tough time in my life right now. Trials and tribulations are coming one after the other. I was very forlorn when the week started. Right now, I still feel sad. Cold. Alone. But better.

So friends, it’s my turn to have one of those days. I’m not normally like this, so I hope you can give this to me. Allow me the moment to take in the pain, to shed tears, to spend quiet moments with myself. It’s probably something that I need to go through to form my character.

The times are tough, but I know I will get by.

For the true friends who have been worried about me --- my endless gratitude goes out to you. More than worrying about me, please pray for my loved ones – for my Nanay to get better so I can bring her back home safe, sound and healthy. For B, to find true love and self realization, with or without me.

The sun will come out again… very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts