Pages


Monday, September 14, 2009

Shangri-La Mactan, Cebu: One more time with feelings

Another 4-day break at the Shang, Mactan = Nirvana.

Okay foyn, I must admit: I love manicured lawns and gardens, pristine beaches, mosquito-free dinners al fresco and hotel staff at your beck and call.

I luuuuuurv the resort.

I can surely rough it when needed, but my ideal vacay is a hassle-free beach trip with hotel staff who will treat me like a Princezz with a Z.

Just some of the things I love about Shang, Mactan:

1. Food



Buffet breakfast at The Tides is to die for!
Forget the buffet dinner, though. It's... forgettable.


Service bread at Acqua - soft dough, nice and warm when served.


White cheese wrapped with Jamon Serrano. Aylavet!
Have it with white wine.


Salmon wrapped with mashed potato at Aqcua


Angus strips - we ordered medium rare but came out well-done.



I forgot what this is - but a sumptuous dish nonetheless at The Tea of Spring.


Buffet dinner at The Tides - seafood, sushi and sashimi were good.
The rest - nah. Disappointing.





2. Booze

Mangaaaa!!! That's actually a mango-based cocktail.


Jagermeister!!!


Trying to get smashed at my ever-favorite hangout at Mactan - Cowrie Cove!


3. Pool and the beach

Moi observing a hermit crab passing by


Nice underwater cam!


Fantabulous beachfront

4. Room view and all the amenities






















5. Timezone - ang walang kamatayang Timezone! Aylavet!




Almost everything is always fun at Mactan.

And everything is so much better of course, if you've got great company. =)

Going back for the 3rd time. Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts