Pages


Monday, February 01, 2010

Believing

Saying I’ve been to hell and back is downright cliché.

But it’s a fact.

I’m one of the most jaded person that you can ever find.

I wasn’t raised to believe in Santa Claus and fairy tales.

I don’t believe that a knight in shining armor will sweep me off my feet and we will ride a horse as the sun sets in the foreground.

I’ve been broken not once, not twice, not thrice, but countless times.

A lover once told me that the person you love the most will be the one who will hurt you the most. And he was right.

I stopped believing a long time ago.

I stopped believing so the hurting can stop.

But I see goodness in his eyes that can’t and won’t lie.

He is as transparent as water in a crystal spring.

I feel his earnestness.

Despite his fears, I felt how much he loved me.

And how much he loves me still.

I’m just not sure if how much he loves me is worth a hundred times over to make me believe again.

I guess, what I'm saying is...

Make me believe again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts