Pages


Wednesday, February 23, 2011

13 hours...and counting

I've been in the office for 13 hours now. 'Got here at quarter before 7 this morning, armed with my decaffeinated Starbucks cafe' mocha, non-fat, no whipped cream.

'Had this mega early meeting on portal strategies.

I gotta say --- this day rocked, though. It flew by so fast and I barely noticed the time.

I guess that really happens when you love what you're doing. Time doesn't matter. It stands still.

My work does have pain points --- semi-bosses that can be a pain in the ***, the long hours, the ever-dynamic industry.

But there are a lot of things I love about it as well.

I love what I'm doing. I'm glad I was given a choice to do what I want --- usability engineering and UI design.

I love my boss. She totally rocks! She delivers. I love her success story. When I grow up, I want to be like her. Really!

I'm glad I won personal friends at work.

I can feel the pang of migraine about to hit me --- but at the end of the day, I know I did my job and I friggin' did it oh-so-well.

Work pride. Lovely work pride. Hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts