Pages


Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Purpose

For everything that is happening in my life right now, there must be a purpose. 

1. My engagement with Big was broken.
2. I turned down a contract renewal in Indonesia --- regardless of its 100% salary increase. Yep, you got that right.  
3. I came back to the Philippines.
4. I came back to my previous company --- with a better package and a better post, of course. 
5. I had a recent falling out with Big.
6.  I had another falling out with a friend --- In hindsight I'm actually thinking whether she was really my friend to begin with.
7. My priorities are shifting. There is meaning beyond the long hours at work. 
8. Friends and significant people from all over the world are returning to Manila!

I am definitely pruning my friendship list. Some are intentional, some are circumstantial.  

I'm re-examining my values and what's important to me. I'm beginning to question whether what I'm doing in my life is actually contributing to the betterment of humanity, so to speak.

With every heart ache that I feel, another blessing comes. Is it just me or is this really happening? Or perhaps I learned how to count my blessings for every tear that falls.


God knows I want to do more, fulfill more, achieve more.

And at the end of everything, I want to have more joy in my life.

Purpose.

I sure damn hope that I'm fulfilling mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts