Pages


Monday, August 27, 2012

Staycation

Life in Manila --- yep, still adjusting to it. 

Welcome back to your life, April. 

The last 2 days of the long weekend was spent running around like a headless chicken. Errands here and there, meeting friends and being with family --- it never ends.

Yesterday, I had to be at the airport, attend my 3-hour worship with the family, buy Abby's materials for her homework, visit my best friend in Makati Med and make a dent in my reading materials.

CRAAAAAAAZYYYY.

I wanted some quiet ME time today, you know, finish reading Catching Fire in bed while sipping hot chocolate with marshmallows. I need my ME time to keep my sanity. 

BUT I decided that I'd rather go happily crazy spending the day with the family. The whole morning was spent cutting and pasting Abby's homework, stringing new kiddie bracelets for her and teaching her how to play Jenga (oooh, she has a knack for it).

The afternoon was spent at the Shangri-La Hotel for high tea to meet J and catch up again before he goes to the airport. I headed to the car wash after then rushed back to my apartment for the family dinner.  

Whew! 

It doesn't end there --- I have to help them pack up, drive them back then have my time in front of my lappy to do some pre-work for tomorrow. 

To think that I was supposed to meet suppliers today and re-stock on my inventory. 

More than 2 months back in here, but I gotta admit that I'm still getting the hang of things. 

I'm back in my life. Front and center. 

No matter how tiring it gets, I won't trade it in for anything else.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts