Pages


Thursday, December 26, 2013

Of Christmas traditions and comfort zones

I'm pretty much flexible and I go with the flow. I can make the best of bad situations.  I can appreciate the simple things in life. When I'm happy, I'm really giddy-happy.

Admittedly though, no matter how flexible and adaptable I am, I do have comfort zones.

Amidst the sea of change, I take comfort in classic traditions. In the same people I see, I talk to, I go to for the really important things. 

Every year, every 25th of December, our high school circle gets together for our Christmas dinner. It started in 1994 and it hasn't been broken ever since. 

1 more year to go and it's gonna be 2 decades of this long-running tradition. Our expats go home for this. I was looking forward to it myself when I was still in Indonesia. 

I'm just glad that some things don't change. And I hope they won't anytime soon. 

This is one of my favorite traditions of all time. =) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts