Pages


Saturday, January 04, 2014

Life's simple blessings should not be taken for granted

...because the simple graces that we tend to overlook are actually the best ones. 

I love my quiet mornings, just like what I am having right now. I know I can never reclaim my quiet mornings once Abby really moves in with us and if we ever have one child of our own.

I love the smell of my Cambodian hazelnut coffee and the sound of my sputtering coffee maker. 

Mix that with the smell of my vanilla candles and incense. TOTAL BLISS. 


I love that I can call back home to check on my Mom and just talk to her.

I love that I can choose to be lazy on a Saturday morning, tucked in between my soft, lavander-smelling sheets or I can decide to put on my kicks and hit the gym. 

Today, I have a TON of work for our wedding preps, but I chose to be zen for a little while longer this morning. It's a simple reward for being efficient and productive yesterday. 

Before I hit my Excel sheets and style guides again, I wanted to be silent, to write and to be grateful for this morning. 

Time and silence are both gifts we take for granted. 

I'm grateful to have them this morning. 

Thank you. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts