Pages


Thursday, January 16, 2014

Saying goodbye to people

It's a sad day. 

A young colleague passed away today. He succumbed to cancer just an hour ago. 

When I saw the posts on Facebook in December that he was in the middle of the battle, I found myself silently praying for his recovery. While alone in my car, while walking the hallways of the office, I muttered short prayers to myself for his healing. 

We're not even close. When I was still in Indonesia, I was surprised that he added me on Facebook. I just added him because I saw that we had a closely-knit social network. 

Until I came back to Manila and to my company. We became teammates. We were on a hi-hello chica basis, but he always had a positive aura. He was a good young man. Faithful, God-loving.

He was a pioneer in the blogging space, introducing video blogs in the Philippines. 

Ang gaan niya katrabaho. 

I was silently praying that he wins this battle. I told God we needed good people like him around, to rub off more goodness and faith unto others. 

I guess God had other plans. 

I don't know why I'm greatly affected when we're not even close friends. 

Truth be told, I'm on the verge of tears while writing this blog entry. 

Nasasayangan ako sa isang mabuting tao. 

Admittedly, he fought the great fight.

Coy, you will be missed. Thank you for the courage, for the inspiration, for your contribution to social media. 

May you rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts