Pages


Tuesday, May 21, 2002

GetAsia recently released its list of what's best and worst in Metro Manila .

In High Fidelity fashion, here's my top 10 irritants at the moment that never fail to ruin my day:

10. The miasma of trafffic gridlock in Buendia, Pasay and Magallanes Interchange every Monday, Wednesday and paydays.

9. Erring taxi cab drivers. P120 bucks from Glorietta to my house in Buendia? You're fucking kidding me!

Hmmm... The previous 2 items are all about commuting. Is it time to get a new car? Lemme see... my savings, or a new car? Uhh... my savings! Unless gas prices start to plummet today. Which brings me to...

8. Oil price hike of P1, which would lead to increase in the prices of grocery stuff, my clothes, my shoes, my make-up, the continuous shrinking of foodies in Friday's and Chili's. They all boil down to one point: less shopping money for me.

7. Gym people who leave their sweaty stuff in unrented lockers for days, leaving honest people like moi who return locker keys with eeeeeewy smelly lockers. Or worse, no lockers at all. Not to mention those who have a knack of stealing safety pins(!!???!!!) for the keys. This is so disgusting and so distasteful. Hello??? It's a mid-to-high end gym, for crying out loud!

6. Drama queens who feel they're damsels in distress for the rest of their lives. Give us a break! You guys are also leaving people around you in distress. There are already too many sob stories on television. Please! Don't wait for people to rescue you. Rescue yourselves.

5. Egotistic men who think they are sooooo hot. Soooooo hot and irresistable... to strangle, beat up until they're all black and blue, put in a starchcloth bag and throw in the stinky Pasig River. Who are you kidding?

4. Double standards. This is a Filipino neurosis. So men can sleep around and it's oh-so fine. When women sleep with someone they like out of the bonds of commitment, they're sluts. Aw c'mon.

3. Emotional vampires. Emotional blackmail. Some people think they have all the problems in the world. Look, everyone has something to deal with every now and then. You don't have to appeal to people's emotions all the time. Nor do you have to try to get something by crying or making the other party feel guilty. This is so...cheap. No other word to describe it. Cheap.

2. Breach of trust and confidence. I just so hate people who stab you in the back. If you're a loyal friend, you're number 1 in my list.

1. Vanity. No. Narcissism. Vanity is my favorite sin, but when you're too self-absorbed and self-involved that you stop tuning in to what others need or you don't even know what's happening around you because it's just YOU that matters, that's a different thing.

So why the hell did I come up with the list? Actually, I don't know. Siguro I just had time to spare since I came in early this morning in the office. Hee-hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts