Pages


Friday, May 24, 2002

Lessons I have learned (and were reminded of) this week

TGIF! You bet it was a loooong week for me. To recap, here are some very important life reminders that I realized and remembered by virtue of experiences within 5 days.

1. Never apologize for getting over someone too soon. So what if the mourning period you allotted for a break-up is 3-5 days? Friends say it goes against tradition. Well, fuck tradition. I usually cry my heart out for 5 days tops and move on and join the dating jungle again. When there's nothing you can do about a fallout, the best thing to do is smile and tell yourself, "Next one, please."

Di ba noh, Peach?

2. When someone stabs you in the back, do not be afraid to confront the person. If he doesn't have the balls to tell you what's up his ass and what he's got going against you, at least prove that you will never resort to demeaning tactics. Sheesh. How can some people be sooo low?

3. Do not hesitate to bump a back-stabber pal of your friends list. Done once, can be done twice. 'Nuff said.

But...

4. When you are wronged by a friend, consider all options first. If the offense is something forgivable, let it slide. Lest you want all your friends transposed to your enemy list.

5. Friendships are always tested by the rough and bumpy voyages in life. Kapag may problema ka at to the rescue kagad si friend, love your friend for the rest of your life. Otherwise, ilaglag mo na 'yan.

6. Do not try to answer all the questions and puzzles in life. Mapupuyat ka lang. You need your beauty rest. All the questions will be answered in their own time.

7. Finally, I have learned that milk causes my hyperacidity. Yes, at 24, I officially became lactose-intolerant. Four friggin' days and I couldn't figure out why after 5 tablets of Kremil-S in one day, it still felt like my tummy is being slowly burned by acid. Gatas lang pala ang katapat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts