Pages


Friday, August 08, 2003

Of managers and leaders

It's true. Some people are not meant to be managers. I don't know why length of service alone could justify a promotion. If you are a good web designer and have been in the company for more than 2 years or so, it is not a good enough reason to be promoted to a supervisory or managerial position. Not everyone was meant to oversee people.


Yosi kadiri

7 days. Nope - not the Craig David song. After my drinking stint last Thursday at ABSCBN for Dan's birthday celeb, I just decided that the Marlboro lights fliptop pack that I consumed that night would be the last one. I haven't had a fix for 7 days. And damn! Am I proud of myself!

It helps that none (READ: NONE!) of my officemates now are smoking. Not even the guy webbies. My boss, coming from the stressful world of advertising, quit a few years back when the wife got pregnant.

Did I mention that I have to wait for 3 minutes on the average to ride the elevator going up or down our office? That's another factor.


Underrated

No. I am not seeing The Buddy.

And by seeing, I mean dating.

It's funny how some people who barely even know me can judge what I can or cannot do. So they're now blessed with clairvoyance to actually predict what I am going to do next?

Sorry for the disappointment but we are definitely friends. I have very close affinity and attachment to him but it will not go beyond that. If I am still in denial? No. I actually acknowledged how I felt.

What we have is something more valuable than a one-time good-time deal.

So whoever told who that I'm seeing him secretly, it's no secret. It's out in the open.

Mamatay ka sa inggit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts