Pages


Friday, September 17, 2004

Playing dirty

After training in the gym, The Bad Boy and I went to Ice Bar for a few rounds. Over his usual Jack Daniel's and my not-so-usual dry martini, we were discussing an issue that we always end up waxing philosophical about: playing.

Again, we were dissecting the whys and the hows of playing and being monogamous. I was trying to understand it from the men's point of view and being a self-confessed player himself, there was no one else that would be more credible to talk about it but him.

His take on the matter was really very insightful. I was actually enlightened by our conversation! Up until this morning, I can't help but go back to the things we talked about and I finally came to the conclusion that he is right about a lot of things.

Distilling his opinions and mine, I came up with the conclusion that women know how players are. They know the game. But women's judgment are muddled by the emotions they attach to the player and to the relationship, hoping that the rules of the game may change or they might be an exception to the rule. But the rules don't change. And when you're in the game, there aren't really any exceptions.


Befriending the enemy

Speaking of The Bad Boy:

I have cultivated - unintentionally - a strong bond and friendship with him. Others may see him as an obnoxious skirt-chaser. A proverbial playboy. But I saw a person with substance. Someone who has enough decency to admit who he is and yet sees the potential of who he wants to be.

As scheming as he could be with current prospects, I'm glad that he values our friendship and treats me with utmost respect. I was very impressed - and deeply moved - that he saw the friendship as something for the long haul, to not be tainted by temporal carnal desires and senseless flirting.

Oh get real, we do flirt. But at the end of the day, we both know that talk is cheap. This friendship is for real.


Waiting in vain

Have I been waiting in vain? After all this time of incessantly thinking about our possibilities, is this all going to waste after all?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts