Pages


Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Foreboding


Not even the end of the month…


…and I already caught a clear glimpse of what’s to come.


At the back of my head, I knew it was a long shot. I was going up against a wall --- no --- a façade as huge as the IFC Tower.


Yet you assured me that we can make it through. Just hang in there. We can make it through.


I knew it was going to be difficult, if not nearly impossible.


But I was hoping against hope that you will surprise me.


I was hoping that you will pull through.


To conquer everything for what we believed is true love.


To reclaim true happiness, eternal glory.


To be resolved to stand up against everyone.


To fight for me.


Yet again, I was disappointed.


I was naïve. Or at least I tried to be.


To give you a chance to prove that we can make it.


I fought for you.


For all it’s worth, I did.


Now I’m just too exhausted to fight back.


What I was fighting for…


…is a lost cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts