Pages


Friday, March 16, 2007

Milestones in my life

Let's put aside my (semi) break-up blues for a while and celebrate some major milestones.
  • Usability Week 2007 Conference in Hong Kong - Finally. After 5 years of waiting, I was able to attend Nielsen Norman Group's Usability Conference. What's more, it was held in Hong Kong. Free trip to my second home!
  • Jakob Nielsen in the flesh - I know, I know. I'm such a major geek. I finally met Jakob Nielsen - the Father of Usability - in person! I have all his major books and in the conference after his workshop, I ran to the podium where he stood, introduced myself, shook his hand and asked him to sign my Usability Engineering book. I had to bite my lip to stop myself from screaming, "I'm such a huge fan!" Geek.
This really matters to me. I'm one of the very few professionals in my field in Asia Pacific. This is something worth toasting to.

Happy. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts