Pages


Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Arrogant when right and true

One of my weaknesses, admittedly, is that I can be arrogant when I know I am right about something.

I don't see myself compromising when I know I'm right.

Especially when I know I have been considerate, when I have been patient.

And when I have already extended myself far more that I know I can.

I am a very balanced person. I think carefully first, before I act. I may do things in a fit of anger, but I am normally sane and just. I am a very fair person.

So don't tell me that I'm not.

Don't tell me what to think and what not.

Yes, I am in pain because of my loss. I lost the one person that I loved the most. Who loved me the most.

But that loss also made me realize the things that I have to do in my life - people to forgive, help that I need to extend, mistakes to correct, things I need to start doing, and things I need to end.

I am not a child.

I listen to you. I respect you. I value your opinion.

But do not tell me what I should think. When.

Especially when it is about us.

And when it is about things that you haven't done. Haven't accomplished.

I may hurt about other things.

But I don't forget.

And I don't apologize when I'm right.

When I know I was the one who was hurt and offended.

And tonight, you hurt me once again.

As if all the pain in the past wasn't enough.

I will not apologize.

I am that arrogant.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts