Pages


Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday etcetera

I didn’t realize it was Friday the 13th today until I logged in to my notebook and saved my first file for the day. I normally save documents with their corresponding date.

I forget where beliefs about Friday the 13th originated. I remember reading somewhere that it’s a Wiccan tradition to celebrate the 13th. It wasn’t supposed to be stigmatized as unlucky. There’s just something mystic about it.

Moving on to my random thoughts this morning…


Sunnydale High

Ka-Birthday is a colleague of mine. From the monicker, yes, we have the same birthday, only that he’s a year older. We are collaborating on a personal project for the past week now and although things are just in its early stages of conception, I’m feeling quite excited about it.

What’s very interesting about this guy is how his sunny disposition can overcome any kind of pressure and misfortune. Not once did I see him get pissed off over something. Well, even if I did, it must be about something with the greatest of magnitude.

While every team member is already in panic-mode days before a project launch, he remains calm and collected. When there are difficult assignments and almost everyone gets discouraged, he’s the only one who will come to me and remark that the project is exciting.

Although magka-birthday kami and I’m generally an optimist, admittedly, I don’t have that kind of temperament. When I’m pissed, it’s hard for me to keep a straight face or not say anything.

I’m just glad he’s in my team. Baka lang that sunny sunshine mode can rub off on me.


Cinema gaga

I’m watching movies again. Yeeey.

Big dill. For someone like me who’s been in hiatus for more than a year in terms of watching movies, this is a milestone. I used to watch 2 movies in a week several years back, until I needed to travel more often.

I managed to watch Sex and the City (how can I miss it?), Kung Fu Panda and Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian.

Planning to watch The Happening next, although it earned bad reviews.


PartEEE

Bakit kailangang pumarty para maging masaya?

Why do you have to snort coke to feel confident about yourself?

Gucci gang isdatchu?

Why can’t just people have fun? Pwede bang classic getting-drunk-as-skunk with friends and suffer a throbbing migraine the following day?

J. is a friend of mine who started popping party pills several years back when he would go to clubs. I heard from a common friend yesterday that last year, he started doing coke and will not go out clubbing without snorting the white powder up his nose.

J., whadafuck are you doing? Why are you doing this to yourself?

Common friend told me that J. now is acting really strange and sometimes gets verbally incoherent. It’s weirding his friends out.

I haven’t seen him for a while and we lost touch. I hope he realizes how stupid it is to get addicted before it’s really too late.


Weather check

The make up and break up mode is not an easy ride. When things are doing well, it’s one heck of a nirvana that you wouldn’t want to get out of. But when the demons overrule reason, it can be overwhelmingly draining.

Yesterday, I did a weather check on us by asking The Boyfriend if we’re okay. I guess he was surprised by the question because it came from nowhere.

I can never anticipate when it’s going to happen again --- feeling scared and losing hope. That’s why I take it to myself now to do a regular check on how we are doing in the relationship.

I hope someday he finds it in himself to trust us and to feel confident on how great we can become… and that although he may feel afraid at times (isn’t it even scarier out there?), may he muster the courage to just keep the faith. And believe.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts