Pages


Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Random Biatchiness

There’s something about this week that makes people rant and rage. N. lost it this morning in the office and nearly screamed at the top of her lungs, what with the workload we all have and the stress that inevitably comes with it.

Me… I’m just peeved. Some things just really caught my ire and I just have to let off some steam.

1. Prima Donnang mukhang Yaya

We have this new officemate who acts like she has her own maid/assistant in the office. I didn’t like the way she “gave orders” to someone to buy her food when in fact, she was just asking for a favor. The one she made “pakisuyo” is neither a secretary nor an assistant. Other people also don’t like the way she looks other officemates from head to toe.

This is one classic case of a feelingera.

Pardon me for saying this. Halleeer… mukha shang mayda ano.

I know. I totally sound like the Royal Biatchiness but this girl really deserves the dishing out. I have a lot against people who don’t know how to say please or those who don’t know how to give orders/ask for things politely.

And what’s with eyeing people up and down?

Girl, ever heard of the word pakisama?


2. Gas prices up in there

Circa 2007, a full tank would cost me P1,300. Now, I’m racking up to P2000! At US $150 a barrel, economic analysts are forecasting fuel to go as high as US $200 in two months, what with the oil cartel and the Israel-Iran conflict.

Inflation has never been this high. We are about to face a worldwide recession.

Gusto ko na lang maglakad. Or magkulong sa bahay. Ayoko na gumastos.

3. Shopping moratorium

Speaking of gastos, well, I have to trim the fat somewhere. With the fuel and rice crises (ever heard of the chismis that there will be a rice cartel soon? Anubayaaan.), something’s gotta give.

For that, I bid shopping and the spa adieu, albeit temporarily.

Disclaimer: Pwera all the items I’ve already ordered and committed to purchase from my favorite Multiply sellers. Plugging for Cat Limson who makes uber fab accessories and Alexandria’s wonderful belts (Sex and the City, isdatchu?).

4. Ho-hum. Bore me some more.

Don’t you get tired of hearing the same old boring de lata stories from other people (by people, I mean, no, they’re not my friends) about pursuing new partners and new loves?

And that’s all they can talk about. Over. And over. And over. Anuver.

Someone has been telling me the same friggin’ crap about finding new love, new karir (no, not pertaining to productive job). Puro temang paglalandi.

Yes, I appreciate stories like this and being a total sucker for romance that I am, I’m sincerely happy for anybody who can find true love, and keep them. Against all odds (violin playing in the background).

Pero naman, naman… hindi ba pwedeng ibang kwento naman? Not because I’m not interested, but because there are other more fascinating stories to tell, lovelier songs to sing.

Whatever happened to telling stories about yourself – who you are now, how have you been or what has changed?

Ifsongco was right, you know. You want someone to love you? Go love yourself first. Make yourself whole. Stop being desperate about finding love. And love, will eventually find you.

5. Preyshur, preyshur.

The overall pressure that everyone feels in the office is just really overwhelming. We all can feel the heat. In times like this, it’s really necessary to do some cheerleading for your one-downs and your colleagues. The greatest challenge is to handle pressure with grace.

Sometimes, I find myself wanting to just rant my head off but I have other people who rely on me to be calm and collected. If I snap, they too, will. So I bit my tongue some more. Until I bleed to death.

Good thing the Big Boss is a fantastic cheerleader herself.

Amidst all this yada-yada, there are a lot of things to be grateful for. Thank God for R.’s clean bill of health (again, I made bargains just to ensure he is physically fit), for the (temporary) peace and solace, for my almost-baby daughter who’s growing smarter each day, and for my wonderful friends who take in the heat with me.

The Universe will always give redemption. Just when we were about to scream, cry, bleed – N., Y. and I were given free movie passes to see Kung Fu Panda. Simple things like this already give me joy. Thank God for the freebies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts