Pages


Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sunday morning: coffee, thesis and a movie

I woke up early today. 8:30 am on a Sunday morning is early in my definition.

Hours and hours of sleep did me a lot of good.

So I am on thesis mode again. With coffee, a cigarette stick… and an HBO movie.

In the middle of lines and lines of words and paragraphs on global warming, I just thought about him. And us.

There’s a line in Taye Diggs’ movie (The Best Man, 1999), spoken by his long-time girlfriend: “Maybe if I meet them then I will know what’s holding you back to me.”

What is holding you back?

Doubts? Fear that I will leave? That I will not stick around?

What about fears of my own? That you will leave? That you will not stick around?

I have them all – in their full darkness and pain.

But I have faith.

And I continue to believe.

I just hope I wake up one Sunday morning finding you in the same walk of faith.

In me, in you.

In us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts