Pages


Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Premium on friendship

So we bump into each other near the elevator. We both look stunned, like it's not even likely to come across each other when we work for the same company. In the same building. 

We say our cordial "Heys."

I had to text you: "Is it just me, or you're not talking to me?"

You made up lousy excuses of being busy all the time and wanting to message me about my prenup shoots. 

I text back: "That's a load of crap." 

Look, you text me when you're zoning out in meetings and you text me around bed time. I used your car and driver for my birthday holiday with my bestfriends.

But you stop talking to me afterwards. 

After the announcement that I'm really getting hitched.

What gives? 

No congratulatory greetings. No nothing.

I can't just let you get away with the "I was busy" excuse. Although I did expect it.

Then you invite me to dinner like nothing happened. Like there was no radio silence between us for the past 2 months. 

2 months. 

I don't know what's going on in your head, but in mine, we were friends. 

And I placed a premium on that friendship. 

I was there for you when shit was happening to you when we were in Jakarta. 

So tell me.

What gives? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts