Pages


Thursday, June 26, 2003

Kindred Spirits

Celiah and I haven’t seen each other for quite some time now. We were both busy with our own lives.

This morning, she managed to catch me in my pad and we had a long conversation – about her 2-year relationship, work, plans, etc.

As for me, I only told her The Dilemma. She is one of my very few trusted friends who I can tell anything and everything and would not castigate me for it.

She was surprised that the issue dragged. She never knew me as someone who would let a problem stretch for a long period of time. But she understood that it really takes a lot of effort to keep a friendship after you have somehow blurred some boundaries. Add to this the long denial stage that I managed to get myself into.

I was more surprised that while I was going through it, she was experiencing the same thing – questioning her comfort zone, asking what lies ahead, and if we ever believe in destiny versus carving our own paths. We are both in happy and contented relationships, yet we also both wonder if what we have right now are for keeps. We both have happy, comfortable lives, yet we both question whether we can sustain them and for how long.

Yes, we are on the same boat again.

It’s funny how our stages in life would always be similar to each other. We underwent the same stormy relationships and complicated career shifts at the same time.

A phone conversation was not enough to discuss and deconstruct everything that is happening. We agreed to meet for dinner tomorrow night. There is a lot of catching up to do.

At this time of my life when everything is changing and happening so fast, it’s good to have found my way back to Celiah and know what’s her take on things.

As we ended the conversation, I felt a lot better. I’ve found my soul sister again.