Pages


Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Released

Last week, the position I was handling in my company was considered redundant. To cut the long story short, they gave me my redundancy package and I got a hefty separation pay that can last me until December.

Since I was prepared for what was coming, I made my contingencies. I’m currently working on a marketing project. I was hired by another start-up as a consultant to help them draft their marketing plan. The pay is actually quite good – a lot higher than what I was getting and I only have to work for 4 days!

Good, huh?

But knowing that this isn’t stable, I am also working on getting a full-time job somewhere. So friends, do fill me in if there are job vacancies out there for me. ;-)

I felt relieved in a way. Now I have the luxury of time and enough money to be able to look for THE JOB that will put more meaning in my life, where profit is not the only concern and where reaching out to others is the priority.

I also felt sad because I left a family. It was the best team I ever had and I had the chance to be with the best team lead and mentor anyone could wish for.

Well anyways…

The industry is very small. The possibility for everyone to work again is not really far-fetched. And I am so looking forward to that.




Let’s not go there…

Where we could hurt those who care about us
and those who truly love us.

Let’s not go there,
Where I won’t be willing to see you off
Or bid you goodbye.

Let’s not go to that place where
We would compromise our growth and our dreams
Since we didn’t build them together.

Let’s not go there,
Where we could end up hurting each other.

Let’s just stay here.
Let’s just stay where we are right now.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts