Pages


Monday, March 16, 2009

The good from bad

Yes – good life is really a matter of perspective.

As cliché as it sounds, it really depends on how you see the glass: half-empty or half-full.

Admittedly, I have not gone to the usual cocktail nights and parties for almost 2 weeks now. I’ve been busy taking care of Kyle. To see a little creature get sick and feel pain like that really robbed me off my usual sunshiny disposition.

I can feel my heart being crushed as I looked over him at the operating table. I watched over him during his surgery last Monday. I literally had to choke back tears and bite my tongue.

Good things, however, spring from sad and hurtful moments.

R. is not a “cat person.” Burned from the experience with the mischievous Persian cat shared with his ex, he developed a disliking for cats of all kinds. When I got Kyle, he made it clear that he doesn’t want anything to do with him. His claim: they can both live in peaceful coexistence in my apartment sometimes – but that’s as far as their relationship goes.

When Kyle got sick, though, he constantly called me to ask for updates and shared tips on how to take care of him while he was sick. R. was there on the other line when I was sobbing in my car on my way back to the vet hospital for Kyle’s surgery. He was my security blanket and my solid rock of strength.

When he arrived last week, he offered to share a huge chunk of the hospital bill. More than that, we visited Kyle everyday. He played with him with torn up newspapers last Saturday evening.

On his way back to Hong Kong yesterday, he even volunteered to visit Kyle again before going to the airport.

Paano mo naman hindi mamahalin ang taong ganito kahit may topak at sumpong paminsan-minsan?

All my friends (and my aunt) said the same thing – he is doing it for me. And because of me.

I know that.

He doesn’t read my blog –

But R., thanks for loving Kyle for me. Thanks for not taking things for granted, for valuing what’s important for me. Thanks for being there.

And thanks for being my number 1 cheerleader.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts